lunes, 15 de abril de 2013

My favorite band


My favorite band is Led Zeppelin. It's a British band formed in the late 60's, being "Led Zeppelin", in 1969, their first studio album. Led Zeppelin was formed by Jimmy Page (guitarist), Robert Plant (singer), John Paul Jones (bassist/keyboardist) and John Bonham (drummer). They had a solid career in hard rock music, releasing nine albums between 1969 and 1982. The band broke up in 1980 after the death of John Bonham.

Led Zeppelin did a "heavy" rock based on blues music (particularly afro-american blues). This happened during the rising of the later called "white blues" with musicians such as Eric Clapton.

I love Led Zeppelin because its members were at the top of their particular abilities: a great sound made by a virtuous guitar, a strident voice, a solid bass and smashing drums. I also enjoy it because they recorded songs that usually you can't label or "classify" in just one music style. Finally, and every fan will agree on this, the live performances were way better and "mystical" than the studio versions.

My favorite Led Zeppelin song is, and it's been over ten years, Stairway to Heaven: I think that song represents the climax in Led Zeppelin's career. It's perfect in every way: length, composition, execution and, of course, it gives me goosebumps EVERY SINGLE TIME I LISTEN TO IT.

4 comentarios:

  1. Led Zepellin is a great band, it's a classic, too :)
    Regards!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. zeppelin is a gret band, a few hippie for me but they are a great band

      Borrar
  3. Hello Giovanni. Great post and great band.

    Regards.

    ResponderBorrar